Monday, April 6, 2009

where does the time go?

Our lives are ever-changing and there has been no time to update the blog! We have been boring as far as events go, but I will get pics up in the next week I hope! For those who don't know, Brandon has moved his business into our garage and BC Grafx no longer exists. This is bitter/sweet, as was my cut hours, and we are adjusting. It's great to have him home more, but he has been beyond busy tying up loose ends! He will try to go it alone this time, and keep doing graphics and web design. It's hard to do it all by himself! He is an amazing worker though and tries hard to do all he can! I also started selling Scentsy and so we have just been busy trying to make things work! We are happy and the kids are great! I think we are just learning a lot of life's lessons that can only be taught by experience and of course, being humbled! I feel very blessed though, as I know things could always be so much worse than they are! I just hope for things to get back into a good groove and settle down a bit! Hmmm, I wonder if that is even possible!? Well, enough rambling. I will do a more interesting post with pics next time, I promise!! Thanks to all you family and friends that support and love us! We appreciate you so much!

2 comments:

Leisha said...

One thing that I have always admired about you is your positive thinking...I am so impressed with you!

Maxmomma said...

Wow, what a season! How are you feeling????

I am sorry to hear about the change, but maybe it will ultimately be a wonderful thing. You have such a great attitude about everything, I admire it so much. One thing that I have a hard time remembering in these seasons, is that things will change at some point and a new season will dawn. You just keep getting stronger and proving yourself more though all of this.

When my mom passed, her husband got everything (he was on the insurance papers, so it didn't matter that it was a short and bad relationship and she was planning a divorce). It was so hard to see these hundreds of thousands of dollars going to someone who already owned two restaurants when we didn't even have the $15 copay to take Max to the doctor when he was sick. My mom had told her boss before she died that she should change over the policy off of her husband and her boss said she should soon. Turns out, she didn't and died very soon afterwards. I wondered why God wouldn't have made it easy for us and had her make the switch and I honestly feel it was intentionally withheld and better for us to work and learn the lessons that being so poor (that is a rediculous term whenI think of what people really got through in the world) brought me. I think it was far better for me to understand what it really felt like to need the Lord that much and know what people really felt under financial stress.

Sorry to go off on all of that- especially in a blog note. I guess I am just growing in my confidence that when we are sincerely giving the Lord our all, "all things work together for them that love God".

I think you are AMAZING and admire how you are handling all of this. I love you!