Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Kylee!



For Kylee's birthday party this year, we combined Brandon's and my families so I asked each of our mom's to make a pot of spaghetti, so here's Brandon with a plate of 3 different spaghetti's! It all turned out so yummy - thanks, moms!


And Kylee loves spaghetti!

I went with a little bit of a flower theme, so Mindy - my life saver! - was willing to help me with the cake(s) again out of cupcakes! I think they turned out really cute! Thank you so much, Mindy!

Kylee got some fun toys:
Here she is "flying" over this round blow up toy - reminds me of Ariel on the rock - lol!

Of all the fun things,she LOVED these little discs that are like mini frisbees!

And her very own laptop - since she always wants to play with her brother's McQueen one! (I just love her pointer finger! So chubby and cute!)



Kylee didn't know what to think of her cake. Here is Jamon by her side, ready to "help" his sister blow out the candle!


Daddy had to help Kylee get started


Digging In!



Getting messy eating frosting - yummy!


"I did it!" Such a messy girl, but so much fun!


I love to see how she has grown over the past year, but it makes me miss my newborn baby girl! She was born on a beautiful snowy day and it was fitting that it snowed on her first birthday!

9 comments:

Chelsey said...

Looks like fun, I love 1 year birthdays they are the best to see digging into their cake. Both of the twins have those same laptops...they probably don't use them as good as Kylee but, some day. I should have just given you one of mine, we really don't need two!

The Welch Family said...

What a cute birthday girl! What day is her actual birthday? Harley's is the 23rd..they're almost exactly a year apart..how funny!

Yankeefans said...

The flower cakes turned out really cute....Kambree's 1 year B-day is coming soon wait........she is a leapling so in 4 years she will be 1 LOL...Anyway i have been thinking of what kind of cake and the flower cupcakes are a great idea( watch out Mindy your going to have to help me too )
Happy Birthday Kylee.

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

Her birthday was on January 6th!

Kristine said...

SO CUTE!!! I am glad it turned out so good.

Maxmomma said...

So fun! Can you believe our babies are one??? Her cake was DARLING. I will have to remember that one for if we one day get a girl! You look so skinny (as usual), by the way, in those Christmas picks

Cody and Val said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already 1! Happy Birthday!

Kimi said...

Cutest cake ever! I would copy that, however I think Russ will kill me since we have a little boy.

The Sparks family said...

OK Kim I told you before that the cupcakes were so cute so I have to copy you. I need to come up with something for Kallee's 4th tomorrow and knew I liked yours. I hope you don't mind!